Thursday, May 19, 2011

FLASHBACK: Seattle May 2010

Remember how I said I would be doing some catch up from the past year or so, due to my utter failure at blogging. I'm just a year behind on this one...it could be worse right?!
Last year in May Brad started working for Jetblue part time taking reservations so that our family could travel. Buying 5 plane tickets these days is ridiculous! A few weeks after he started I decided to take the boys (I was 6 1/2 months pregnant at the time) to visit Brads brother Clark and his family in Seattle. I grew up in Washington, so Seattle has a special place in my heart and I had been waiting for a chance to go visit the "Seattle Hartley's", and having free flights made it to hard to resist. Even though it meant traveling with 3 boys by myself while being majorly pregnant. It was so funny in the airport, each boy had their own carry on and would just follow me like a mama duck and her ducklings through the airport. I got some funny looks for sure! I had so many people tell me that I was "brave" to travel with all my boys, my reply was always, "brave or just really stupid"! But in all actuality they were SO well behaved on the plane! Anyway, I'll just break it down with pictures.


We had a 6 hour layover in Long Beach and I was FREAKING out trying to figure out what to do with 3 small boys in THE smallest airport in America! A nice cop took pity on a huge pregnant girl and watched my boys so I could go rent a car and take them to the beach. We went to Seal Beach and the boys played on the playground and we walked on the pier watching people catch fish.

















Of course the first 5 minutes we were there Ky went to just put his feet in the water and ended up falling in and getting soaking wet in his clothes...hence the lack of shirt in all these pic's. We were trying to get it to dry off. We had a fun day and it was way better than playing Ispy in the airport for 6 hours, which was the original plan.














It was rainy and cold the whole time we were there, but it is spring in Seattle people what else could we expect? We didn't let that stop our adventures though. We took the Ferry one day with our cars to a little island...I can't remember what it was called. Even though it was drizzling and windy and cold the kids had a blast! They collected shells and found a "shelter" made out of driftwood that someone had built and decided that it was their house and it needed to be decorated. They spent a long time collecting shells and other things to put in their house.


Ky & Tyce

Ky found this gross dead starfish that eventually also became a decoration. Clark & Laura also brought little kites and it was perfect weather to fly them.


Ky loved flying the kite too. At some point he got tired of holding it and just let go...we watched the kite fly all the way across the sound...little stinker.



Who would have thought we could get a good picture with ALL 7 kids!! This was the first one I took too! They had a fun day and could have cared less it was so cold!

Another day we took the kids downtown to the Pacific Science Center (which I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since I was there as a kid). The kids liked it but it stressed me out having my 3 boys running in all different directions and only having one set of eyes to keep track of them.



Kam looks thrilled to take a picture with the bees huh?! I'm pretty sure I'm the one who made him point haha


After the science museum we went to my favorite place in Seattle...Pike Street Market. I loved this place as a kid (and as a grown up too, who am I kidding!)

My cute boys on the Pig :)



A rare good picture with Ky actually looking AT the camera!




This is the fish stand where they throw the fish to each other when someone buys something. It is so fun to watch and the guys that work there were so good with the kids! They actually brought out a GIANT halibut for the kids to look at and touch...I think Laura has that picture. Clark and Laura actually bought some salmon there that day and we took it home and I showed them how it cook it...sooooo good!



The GUM wall...nasty huh?! But Clark bought all the kids gum to chew so they could leave their mark! I'm surprised Ky would even get close cuz he HATES gum!! He doesn't even like it when I chew gum haha.





It was such a fun trip! I even got to squeeze in a dinner with one of my best friends from high school. So even though it was a rainy cold mess I was so glad we went and hopefully they will have us back after all that craziness!


Oh yeah...one last cute pic...the Jetblue pilot on the way home was so cute with the boys! He gave them all wings and let them sit in the cock pit after we landed in Long Beach. They thought it was so cool!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip!! I remember when you went...such cute pictures! I want to go to that Pike Street Market next time we're in Washington! Looks so fun. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete