Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FLASHBACK: The Princess!


The most important thing that has happened to us since I last blogged was the SHOCKING revalation that we were going to be having a GIRL!!! At my 14 week appointment my Dr. asked if I wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl...Sidenote: I had been surprised on all three of my first pregnancys and had never known if it was going to be a boy or girl. This time however I had decided to find out and here is why. I realy really really wanted a girl. I was sure however that #4 was going to be a boy. So I figured if i found out it was going to be a boy there was enivitably going to be a twing of dissapointment knowing that I really was probably never going to get my girl and I for SURE didn't want any disapointment on the day he was born. I knew I would get over it fast I just didn't want to associate the day he was born with any kind of regret. BUT if it was a girl i knew I need time to GET READY FOR THE PINK! -k- that little "sidenote" just turned into a novel but I digress. :) I told him we wanted to know, but that I was sure it was another boy and I was ready for boy #4! He was looking at the ultrasound machine and just said, "huh." and then "huh." again. "I just want to make sure before I say anything." And then 3 amazing words came out of his mouth that I NEVER thought I'd hear..."Its a girl". WHAT! I couldn't believe it! I asked him how sure he was and he pointed to 3 lines on the screen and said, "see those 3 lines right there? That means it's a girl. I am 99% positive right now, and next month I will be 115% positive." I cried. :) Blakely Rae Hartley was born on July 21st 2010. Her birth story will come later but needless to say she has been the most amazing thing to happen to our family! The boys are IN LOVE with her! She has been the BEST baby...my only complaint is her sleeping habits but she is just so stinkin' cute the rest of the time I can't hold that against her. She is one loved "little princess" as the boys like to call her and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful fun baby!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, parallel lives! Seriously, I could copy and paste that post on to my blog! Isn't it amazingly wonderful? I know I way over do the whole girly thing, but I don't care!

    ReplyDelete